From the National Weather Service and Jefferson County Emergency Management ( a ‘warning’ means that this is going to happen):
Advisory: High Wind Warning until 11:00PM Wednesday
Dear Nixle User,
…HIGH WIND WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 11 AM TO 11 PM PDT WEDNESDAY… The National Weather Service in Seattle has issued a High Wind Warning, which is in effect from 11 AM to 11 PM PDT Wednesday. The High Wind Watch is no longer in effect.
* WIND…Southeast and south winds will increase Wednesday morning and persist into early Wednesday evening. Sustained wind speeds of 20 to 35 mph are possible, with gusts to 50 mph.
* SOME AFFECTED LOCATIONS…Everett, Port Townsend, Whidbey Island, Anacortes, the San Juan Islands, Bellingham.
* TIMING…Winds will increase late Wednesday morning, peak on Wednesday afternoon, then ease Wednesday evening.
* IMPACTS…Winds of this magnitude can cause tree damage and scattered power outages. This will be the first event of this magnitude this season. Such events commonly bring more impacts in terms of tree damage and power outages than the same wind later in the season.
* AFFECT ED AREAS: ADMIRALTY INLET AREA … EVERETT AND VICINITY … SAN JUAN COUNTY … WESTERN SKAGIT COUNTY … WESTERN WHATCOM COUNTY
Winds of this magnitude can cause tree damage and scattered power outages. Large falling branches have been known to cause fatalities during windstorms. Secure loose outdoor objects or light-weight furniture before the winds arrive.
For full details, view this message on the web.
If you want to sign up for alerts from Jefferson County Emergency Management, go here: http://www.nixle.com/ . (Note that these are the folks that will alert you to all sorts of impending emergency situations: fire, flood, earthquake, traffic, etc. )